All the latest news on aires in France
Aires News (January, 2021 - ..... )
Scroll down for latest news
If you have any information on new aires or changes to existing aires send us an email or use the contact form
1) CampingCarPark have recently opened a new aire in the ski village of St Pierre de Chartreuse in Isere (38) in a nice location at 900m altitude & 300m from the ski lifts yet also close to the village centre with its good range of shops & ski hire. There are 16 spaces with 6A ehu’s, wifi & service point on hard standing overlooked by the surrounding mountains. The aire is also close to the historic Grand Chartreuse monastery with a fine museum. Access via automatic barrier, 13€/ night, services included. GPS: N45.34329 E 05.81312
2) CampingCarPark have also just opened another new aire in the village of Flocques near to Le Treport in Seine Maritime (76) where there are 30 spaces with 6A ehu’s & wifi on hard standing as well as a service point. The aire is in the centre of the small village where there is just a bar/ restaurant but the shops/ services at Le Treport are only 3km away as well as the coast. Access via automatic barrier, 10€/ night, services included. GPS: N50.03469 E 01.36102
3) The private aire at the monastery in Consolation Maisonnettes in Doubs (25) no longer has a service point or drainage for motorhomes, overnight parking is still possible but the large site is only looked after by volunteers & is suffering from a general lack of maintenance.
4) The municipal aire in Aiguebelle in Savoy (73) is now in a poor condition with badly maintained facilities & a lack of suitable parking for motorhomes. The parking area now has a new tarmac surface but the marked spaces are only 3m wide with no control over those reserved for motorhomes.
1) The municipal aire in Aveze in Gard (30) is now closed by a height barrier when the campsite is open from early June till the end of August & services are not available in winter. The municipal campsite is however very reasonable & a pleasant alternative.
2) The private aire in Montcaret in Dordogne (24) is no longer offering parking or services for motorhomes.
3) The private aire in Latour de Carol in Pyrenees-Orientales (66) that is run by the adjacent holiday village ‘Yravals’, has now been closed.
4) A new private aire has opened in Plougonvelin in Finistere (29). The aire is in a former Municipal campsite, now run by AireParkReservation, in a large tarmac/ grass parking area at the southern edge to the village with individual spaces on grass, separated by hedges with more in an open grass area for larger vehicles. The aire is conveniently placed close to the sea with ocean views. Artisanal service point with platform drain, ehu’s & toilets/ showers, access via automatic barrier. A very pleasant, quiet aire with excellent sea views, only a short walk to the fine sand beach but not all pitches have ehu’s. There are several shops in the nearby village; boulangerie, tabac, InterMarche supermarket, butcher, etc.
5) The village of Le Teilleul in Manche (50), Normandy has recently refurbished its aire which now has a new Euro-Relais service point with drainage platform, there is no electric but wifi is available. The aire is in a pleasant wooded location on the D976, several kms east of Mont St Michel, has 10 spaces, toilets with free parking & water. GPS: N48.53446 W00.86149
6) Unfortunately too late to be included in the new ‘Best Aires’ guide, the large aire in Portiragnes Plage in Herault (34) has just been taken over & refurbished by AireParkReservation. It now offers 40 level pitches located in a large gravel parking area 100m from a good ‘Blue Flag’ beach & about 500m west of the village centre, in a residential area with no shade but good lighting. There is an AireServices borne with drainage platform, 40 ehu’s & access via automatic barrier. The aire is in a quiet spot about 1/2 km from a couple of restaurants, boulangerie, grocer, Poste & tabac. Well equipped level pitches with 10 x 4 ehu terminals, wifi & modern service point. Short walk to a nice beach, cycle path & nature reserve. Museum & supermarket in nearby Portiragnes. Parking & services is 11€/ night. GPS: N43.27549 E03.35175
1) The historic ‘porcelain’ city of Limoges, capital of the Limousin, has never had an aire, meaning it has often been bypassed by visitors in motorhomes. The city council however has now decided to undertake a survey to find a suitable site that will be close to the city centre yet in a pleasant location to encourage motorhomers to visit the city. The survey results are due in May & hopefully a new aire will be available there by early next year.
2) A new private aire has opened in January near Le Mans at Bonnetable in Sarthe (72). The aire, run by CampingCarPark, is situated in the former Municipal campsite, about 400m east of the village centre & next to a small river/ lakes. The 15 large (50m2) pitches are on hard standings (most shaded by trees), lit at night, with 6A ehu’s & wifi with toilets adjacent. Euro-Relais service point with drainage platform. Access by automatic barrier, CCP card required. A pleasant location next to the river, close to the village centre & quiet with good shaded pitches bordered by grass areas & wifi/ ehu’s for all 15 spaces. Play area, picnic tables & 1 handicapped pitch. SuperU, cafe, bars, boulangerie, etc in village as well as a château. Market in village on Fridays.
3) In 2020, CampingCarPark opened one of their ‘Camping Mon Village’ aires in Toulon-sur-Arroux, Saone-et-Loire (included in our ‘Best Aires’ guide), which has proved to be one of their most popular aires, however although a very pleasant aire - possibly one of the main reasons for this popularity has been the decision by the town council to ban motorhome parking in any of the town car parks.
4) It has also been noted that four other towns that have CampingCarPark aires have also taken similar steps to ban motorhomes from parking in the municipal car parks. The communes of St Andre-des-eaux, Merlimont, l’Argentiere-la-Bessee & Veuzain sur Loire have all issued laws that force motorhomes to use the CCP aire if they want to stay in the town. Whilst it seems a strange coincidence, CCP have denied that they have any involvement in the introduction of these bye laws although they obviously profit from these rules. See the ‘News Blog’ for more on this story…...
5) CampingCarPark has also opened a new aire last year in the riverside village of St Vulbas in Ain (01), 45 kms from Lyons. The aire is located 400m from the centre of this small rural village in a small parking area with 10 individual parking spaces on tarmac, next to hedges/ small trees providing some shade & with lighting at night. The artisanal service point & large drainage platform are adjacent. Access via automatic barrier, CCP card required. A pleasant, quiet aire located on the north side of the village, next to the Rhone river, easy to access. 10 hard standing spaces with ehu’s/ wifi & separated by small grass verges, shaded by trees. Not much in village, shops include a superette & bar/ restaurant. Medieval village of Cremieu nearby. 12€ per day, services included. GPS: N45.83236 E 05.29175
1) The town of Damgan in Morbihan (56) has last month won a court case that forbids the parking of motorhomes in the town. The case was brought by the French motorhome association ‘Comité de Liaison du Camping-Car’, but the 8pm to 8am parking ban was upheld on the grounds of possible nuisance to residents.
2) The excellent municipal aire in Villecomtal in Aveyron (12) that was free, has now introduced a well deserved ‘honesty’ box to go towards the cost of running the aire. The aire is in a former campsite & has 30 large individual, shaded pitches, accessed by a tarmac road, each having a free hook-up. Lovely spot close to the village & included in our ‘Best Aires’ guide.
3) The aires company AireParkReservation have recently taken over the existing aire near Razes in Haute-Vienne (87). This private aire is located in the former municipal campsite, to the west of the village & on the shores of the large Lac St Pardoux in a pleasant but isolated location. The aire is in a large tarmac/ grass parking area bordered by pine trees with access via automatic barrier. 30 individual hard standing spaces with wifi. Artisanal point with separate drainage grid, toilets & 2 ehu’s. Good shaded pitches with wifi but only 2 sockets for 30 spaces. Water-sports on lake, beach, pool, walks & cycle track leave from aire, restaurant & bread depot (seasonal) nearby. Parking 5-10€/ night, services included.
4) The village of Oberhaslach in Bas Rhin (67) now has an aire sited next to the village hall on Rue du Klintz on the western side of the village. This spot provides quiet parking, an AireServices borne with drainage platform and it’s just a short walk to the shops and eating places in the village.
5) A new private aire is due to open shortly in Massiac, Cantal (15). The aire on Ave de Courcelles (N122), is run by CampingCarPark & is situated in the former Municipal campsite, about 500m south of the town centre & next to a river. The 39 large pitches are on grass (most shaded by trees), separated by hedges, lit at night, with 6A ehu’s, wifi & toilets adjacent. Access by automatic barrier, CCP card required. Swimming pool nearby & a 15 min level walk into town with a good range of shops & Carrefour supermarket. The town also has an existing municipal aire near to the town centre.
6) The department of Vosges (88) has just opened two new well equipped aires. The small towns of Senones & Etival-Clairefontaine have new aires that each have 13 spaces, both having 4 ehus & wifi with artisanal service points, drainage platforms & entry via automatic barrier (pay by credit card). Parking is on tarmac with little shade, lit at night & close to the town centres. The rates for each aire are identical; 8€/ 24 hours, water or electric is 2.5€. GPS: Senones N48.39435, E06.97213 & Etival-Clairefontaine N48.36349, E06.86415
1) The aires company AireParkReservation have recently taken over the existing aire in Castets in Landes (40), located on the west side of the village in a pleasant but noisy location just off Jcn 12 of the A63 autoroute. The aire is in a tarmac/ grass parking area bordered by pine trees with access via automatic barrier having 22 individual hard standing spaces with shade, ehu’s & wifi. Artisanal point with separate drainage grid & a supermarket nearby. Parking 10€/ night, services included.
2) AireParkReservation have also converted part of the municipal campsite in Ile-Tudy, Finistere (29) into a 50 space aire. The pitches are on grass accessed by a tarmac track, some having shade, each with ehu whilst wifi is available when the campsite is open (Easter till September). Access is via automatic barrier with an AireServices point with two drainage platforms. There is direct access to the sandy beach, 30m away with water-sports in summer. Parking 12-19€/ night, services included.
3) The supermarket Leclerc in Pleuven, Finistere (29) has opened a small aire with 8 places on tarmac next to its car park. The aire has an AireServices borne with platform drainage & 6x16A ehu’s. Parking is free & services are 2€ for water or electric. The supermarket is adjacent with a laundrette & pharmacy whilst Concarneau is just 10kms away.
4) The pleasant, free aire in St Amand-Montrond (18) has just started charging for parking, an automatic barrier is being installed & parking will be 6€/ night (including services) when it re-opens in June. The aire is a useful stopover off Jcn 8 of the A71 & is still worthy of being in our ‘Best Aires’ guide.
5) The village of St Remy sur Orne in Calvados (14) has opened a new aire. The aire is located in a small tarmac parking area, next to the cycle track & the river/ lakes on the north side of the village with lighting but offering little shade. The 8 individual tarmac spaces are separated by grass verges & have electric hook ups available. Flot Bleu service point with drainage platform. A pleasant semi-rural aire, close to the village where there are several shops including a Proxi mini-mart, butcher, boulangerie, tabac, bars & a pharmacy. The adjacent 40km cycle track leads to Caen or the pretty village of Clecy. Parking is free, services 2€.
1) The village of Le Monetier les Bains in the Hautes-Alpes (05) has opened a new aire. The aire is located off Route des Bains, at 1,460m altitude in a large tarmac parking area, next to the ski lifts & the river on the south side of the village with lighting but offering little shade. The 32 individual tarmac spaces have electric hook ups & fine views of the mountains, access is via automatic barrier. Artisanal service point with drainage platform. A pleasant semi-rural aire, close to the village where there are several shops. Parking is 15€/ night including services.
2) The private aire in Villars in Vaucluse (84) is now managed by AireParkReservation. The aire is 2kms north of Villars, in a large grass parking area with large separate spaces, shaded by small trees, each with ehu’s/ wifi. The pitches are accessed by a gravel track, automatic barrier at entrance. AireServices service point with drainage platform. A pleasant aire in a quiet rural location with nice views in the grounds of an orchard, friendly owners, aire is open all year but remote from anywhere. Picnic tables & bbq, 9 hole golf course adjacent. A few shops, bar & restaurant in village. 12-14€/ night, services included.
3) AireParkReservation have also taken over the fine aire in Riantec, Morbihan (56). A private aire in a former campsite located on the northern outskirts of this large village in a large grass area where there are a 49 large level spaces on grass each with ehu accessed by a tarmac track. There is shade in places under mature trees, lighting at night & the aire is about 500m from village centre with its good selection of shops. AireServices service point with drainage grid, access by automatic barrier & CCTV surveillance. Located on the edge of Riantec in the park of a chateau, a quiet shaded aire just off the main D781 through the village. Large, level spaces with shade under trees, about 15mins walk to village & its shops, supermarket & eating places. Swimming pool behind aire with walks & cycle track nearby.
4) The small village of Saulx in Haute-Saone (70) is considering closing its aire due to misuse of its facilities. The aire was opened 3 years ago at a cost of 50,000€ with 4 spaces each with free ehu, water & drainage but council officials have found that often up to 10 motorhomes use the aire with some sharing each of the ehu’s. They also claim that since recently introducing a 5€/ night charge, the officials have received abuse from motorhomers when trying to collect the fees.
5) The excellent aire at Hirel in Ille-et-Vilaine (35) (included in our ‘Best Aires’ guide) has recently been modernised. The aire is now accessed by an automatic barrier with CCTV & has been extended to include 135 spaces, with 50 ehu’s plus wifi to be added shortly – rates are 8-10 €/ night with services at 2€.
6) The 80 space ‘Navarrosse’ aire at Biscarrosse in Gironde (33) has now been closed permanently by the installation of height barriers at the entrance.
7) The seaside town of St Gilles-Croix-de-Vie in the Vendee (85) has recently announced the closure of one of its two aires - the aire in Rue du Petit Bois. However after a large influx of motorhomes during the last holiday weekend it has decided to keep the aire open until after the summer holidays, but it will now also be free. This large aire has almost 100 spaces & is close to the town centre, it is to be replaced by a new aire in 2022. The second aire next to the Stade remains open.