All the latest news on aires in France
Aires News (January, 2021 - ..... )
Scroll down for latest news
If you have any information on new aires or changes to existing aires send us an email or use the contact form
1) CampingCarPark have recently opened a new aire in the ski village of St Pierre de Chartreuse in Isere (38) in a nice location at 900m altitude & 300m from the ski lifts yet also close to the village centre with its good range of shops & ski hire. There are 16 spaces with 6A ehu’s, wifi & service point on hard standing overlooked by the surrounding mountains. The aire is also close to the historic Grand Chartreuse monastery with a fine museum. Access via automatic barrier, 13€/ night, services included. GPS: N45.34329 E 05.81312
2) CampingCarPark have also just opened another new aire in the village of Flocques near to Le Treport in Seine Maritime (76) where there are 30 spaces with 6A ehu’s & wifi on hard standing as well as a service point. The aire is in the centre of the small village where there is just a bar/ restaurant but the shops/ services at Le Treport are only 3km away as well as the coast. Access via automatic barrier, 10€/ night, services included. GPS: N50.03469 E 01.36102
3) The private aire at the monastery in Consolation Maisonnettes in Doubs (25) no longer has a service point or drainage for motorhomes, overnight parking is still possible but the large site is only looked after by volunteers & is suffering from a general lack of maintenance.
4) The municipal aire in Aiguebelle in Savoy (73) is now in a poor condition with badly maintained facilities & a lack of suitable parking for motorhomes. The parking area now has a new tarmac surface but the marked spaces are only 3m wide with no control over those reserved for motorhomes.
1) The municipal aire in Aveze in Gard (30) is now closed by a height barrier when the campsite is open from early June till the end of August & services are not available in winter. The municipal campsite is however very reasonable & a pleasant alternative.
2) The private aire in Montcaret in Dordogne (24) is no longer offering parking or services for motorhomes.
3) The private aire in Latour de Carol in Pyrenees-Orientales (66) that is run by the adjacent holiday village ‘Yravals’, has now been closed.
4) A new private aire has opened in Plougonvelin in Finistere (29). The aire is in a former Municipal campsite, now run by AireParkReservation, in a large tarmac/ grass parking area at the southern edge to the village with individual spaces on grass, separated by hedges with more in an open grass area for larger vehicles. The aire is conveniently placed close to the sea with ocean views. Artisanal service point with platform drain, ehu’s & toilets/ showers, access via automatic barrier. A very pleasant, quiet aire with excellent sea views, only a short walk to the fine sand beach but not all pitches have ehu’s. There are several shops in the nearby village; boulangerie, tabac, InterMarche supermarket, butcher, etc.
5) The village of Le Teilleul in Manche (50), Normandy has recently refurbished its aire which now has a new Euro-Relais service point with drainage platform, there is no electric but wifi is available. The aire is in a pleasant wooded location on the D976, several kms east of Mont St Michel, has 10 spaces, toilets with free parking & water. GPS: N48.53446 W00.86149
6) Unfortunately too late to be included in the new ‘Best Aires’ guide, the large aire in Portiragnes Plage in Herault (34) has just been taken over & refurbished by AireParkReservation. It now offers 40 level pitches located in a large gravel parking area 100m from a good ‘Blue Flag’ beach & about 500m west of the village centre, in a residential area with no shade but good lighting. There is an AireServices borne with drainage platform, 40 ehu’s & access via automatic barrier. The aire is in a quiet spot about 1/2 km from a couple of restaurants, boulangerie, grocer, Poste & tabac. Well equipped level pitches with 10 x 4 ehu terminals, wifi & modern service point. Short walk to a nice beach, cycle path & nature reserve. Museum & supermarket in nearby Portiragnes. Parking & services is 11€/ night. GPS: N43.27549 E03.35175
1) The historic ‘porcelain’ city of Limoges, capital of the Limousin, has never had an aire, meaning it has often been bypassed by visitors in motorhomes. The city council however has now decided to undertake a survey to find a suitable site that will be close to the city centre yet in a pleasant location to encourage motorhomers to visit the city. The survey results are due in May & hopefully a new aire will be available there by early next year.
2) A new private aire has opened in January near Le Mans at Bonnetable in Sarthe (72). The aire, run by CampingCarPark, is situated in the former Municipal campsite, about 400m east of the village centre & next to a small river/ lakes. The 15 large (50m2) pitches are on hard standings (most shaded by trees), lit at night, with 6A ehu’s & wifi with toilets adjacent. Euro-Relais service point with drainage platform. Access by automatic barrier, CCP card required. A pleasant location next to the river, close to the village centre & quiet with good shaded pitches bordered by grass areas & wifi/ ehu’s for all 15 spaces. Play area, picnic tables & 1 handicapped pitch. SuperU, cafe, bars, boulangerie, etc in village as well as a château. Market in village on Fridays.
3) In 2020, CampingCarPark opened one of their ‘Camping Mon Village’ aires in Toulon-sur-Arroux, Saone-et-Loire (included in our ‘Best Aires’ guide), which has proved to be one of their most popular aires, however although a very pleasant aire - possibly one of the main reasons for this popularity has been the decision by the town council to ban motorhome parking in any of the town car parks.
4) It has also been noted that four other towns that have CampingCarPark aires have also taken similar steps to ban motorhomes from parking in the municipal car parks. The communes of St Andre-des-eaux, Merlimont, l’Argentiere-la-Bessee & Veuzain sur Loire have all issued laws that force motorhomes to use the CCP aire if they want to stay in the town. Whilst it seems a strange coincidence, CCP have denied that they have any involvement in the introduction of these bye laws although they obviously profit from these rules. See the ‘News Blog’ for more on this story…...
5) CampingCarPark has also opened a new aire last year in the riverside village of St Vulbas in Ain (01), 45 kms from Lyons. The aire is located 400m from the centre of this small rural village in a small parking area with 10 individual parking spaces on tarmac, next to hedges/ small trees providing some shade & with lighting at night. The artisanal service point & large drainage platform are adjacent. Access via automatic barrier, CCP card required. A pleasant, quiet aire located on the north side of the village, next to the Rhone river, easy to access. 10 hard standing spaces with ehu’s/ wifi & separated by small grass verges, shaded by trees. Not much in village, shops include a superette & bar/ restaurant. Medieval village of Cremieu nearby. 12€ per day, services included. GPS: N45.83236 E 05.29175
1) The town of Damgan in Morbihan (56) has last month won a court case that forbids the parking of motorhomes in the town. The case was brought by the French motorhome association ‘Comité de Liaison du Camping-Car’, but the 8pm to 8am parking ban was upheld on the grounds of possible nuisance to residents.
2) The excellent municipal aire in Villecomtal in Aveyron (12) that was free, has now introduced a well deserved ‘honesty’ box to go towards the cost of running the aire. The aire is in a former campsite & has 30 large individual, shaded pitches, accessed by a tarmac road, each having a free hook-up. Lovely spot close to the village & included in our ‘Best Aires’ guide.
3) The aires company AireParkReservation have recently taken over the existing aire near Razes in Haute-Vienne (87). This private aire is located in the former municipal campsite, to the west of the village & on the shores of the large Lac St Pardoux in a pleasant but isolated location. The aire is in a large tarmac/ grass parking area bordered by pine trees with access via automatic barrier. 30 individual hard standing spaces with wifi. Artisanal point with separate drainage grid, toilets & 2 ehu’s. Good shaded pitches with wifi but only 2 sockets for 30 spaces. Water-sports on lake, beach, pool, walks & cycle track leave from aire, restaurant & bread depot (seasonal) nearby. Parking 5-10€/ night, services included.
4) The village of Oberhaslach in Bas Rhin (67) now has an aire sited next to the village hall on Rue du Klintz on the western side of the village. This spot provides quiet parking, an AireServices borne with drainage platform and it’s just a short walk to the shops and eating places in the village.
5) A new private aire is due to open shortly in Massiac, Cantal (15). The aire on Ave de Courcelles (N122), is run by CampingCarPark & is situated in the former Municipal campsite, about 500m south of the town centre & next to a river. The 39 large pitches are on grass (most shaded by trees), separated by hedges, lit at night, with 6A ehu’s, wifi & toilets adjacent. Access by automatic barrier, CCP card required. Swimming pool nearby & a 15 min level walk into town with a good range of shops & Carrefour supermarket. The town also has an existing municipal aire near to the town centre.
6) The department of Vosges (88) has just opened two new well equipped aires. The small towns of Senones & Etival-Clairefontaine have new aires that each have 13 spaces, both having 4 ehus & wifi with artisanal service points, drainage platforms & entry via automatic barrier (pay by credit card). Parking is on tarmac with little shade, lit at night & close to the town centres. The rates for each aire are identical; 8€/ 24 hours, water or electric is 2.5€. GPS: Senones N48.39435, E06.97213 & Etival-Clairefontaine N48.36349, E06.86415