Aires News 2022/23
All the latest news on aires in France
Scroll down to the bottom for latest news
If you have any information on new aires or changes to existing aires send us an email or use the contact form
JANUARY 2022 NEWS
1) AireParkReservation have recently opened a new aire in Laragne-Monteglin, Hautes-Alpes (05). The motorhome area is located in the Monteglin campsite, it is open all year round & is made up of 6 pitches which can be accessed by an automatic barrier 24 hours a day. There are 6 electrical connections, an artisanal service point with drain, lighting and free WiFi. The terminal is equipped with an integral frost protection system so is accessible all year round. 10.5€/ night including services.
2) The village of Minihic-sur-Rance in Ille-et-Vilaine (35) on the Rance estuary has also opened a new aire, managed by AireParkReservation. The aire on Rue du Pron has 6 free parking spaces on tarmac with an AireServices borne with platform drain, water or electric at 2€.
3) Near the village of Bram, Aude (11), you will discover another new APR managed aire in a large flat, semi-shaded site, dotted with 20 gravel pitches of 50 m² with 16A ehu’s, in a peaceful rural lakeside location. The area in La Gabache is fenced, with CCTV & access by automatic barrier with an artisanal service point & drain, 10€/ night – services included.
4) Gacé in Orne (61) has converted its municipal campsite into an all year round aire although it is still run as a campsite from 01/05 till 30/10, when sanitary facilities are available. The site has 28 pitches on grass with ehu’s, separated by hedges, with an AireServices service point but no grey drain, in a quiet spot on the western side of town. Parking is 13€/ night including services & Wifi.
FEBRUARY 2022 NEWS
1) The municipal aire in Avenue de Padron, Noirmoutier-en-L’Ile, Vendee (85) has been taken over by the CampingCarPark company who will manage it under contract for the next 9 years. The change also involves reducing the number of spaces from 220 to 142, making the spaces larger & renovating the existing site.
2) CCP have also opened a new aire in Henvic, Finistere (29). This former municipal campsite is located on the western side of this rural village in a grass parking area next to the football pitch. The ‘Camping Mon Village’ aire has 30 level spaces on grass, accessed by a gravel track, with 6A ehu’s & shade from mature trees. Access is via an automatic barrier with an Artisanal service point with drainage platfrom. Village has a small selection of shops but little else. The parking here is also open to caravans & tents in July & August. A quiet green spot about 400m from village centre with large, level pitches. 13€/ night, services included.
3) AireParkReservation have recently opened a new aire in Pont en Royans, Isere (38). The motorhome area is located in the former municipal campsite, it is open all year round & is made up of 28 large pitches on gravel, separated by hedges, which are accessed by an automatic barrier. Pitches are shaded, accessed by a gravel track & have 10A ehu’s. 10€/ night, services included.
4) APR have also taken over the municipal aire in Plonevez-Porzay, Finistere (29), located on the western outskirts of this rural village in a large gravel/ grass parking area bordered by grass areas where there are now 30 level spaces (but little shade). Aire is next to football pitch with open farmland to west, beaches are 5kms to west. A pleasant, quiet aire – well maintained & clean with a short level walk into village & shops. Free parking with services at 1.55€.
5) At Bretteville sur Odon, to the west of Caen in Normandy, AireParkReservation have opened an aire with 20 spaces on tarmac each with 10A ehu’s & wifi. The aire is on the western side of the town but is next to a busy roundabout so suffers from road noise. 13€/ night with services included.
MARCH 2022 NEWS
1) CampingCarPark have opened a new ‘Mon Village’ aire in the village of Le Faou in Finistere (29). The aire is located on the western outskirts of this rural village in the former municipal campsite with a large grass parking area where there are 24 level spaces, having a little shade in places, on grass, all with 6A ehu’s. Aire is next to a park overlooking the estuary with open farmland to west. Artisanal service point with drainage platform, access via automatic barrier. A pleasant, quiet aire with nice river views – well maintained & clean with ample parking.
2) Another CampingCarPark ‘Mon Village’ aire has opened in nearby St Goazec (29), this is located on the eastern outskirts of the rural village in the former municipal campsite with a large grass parking area where there are 31 level spaces, on grass, having shade in places, all with 6A ehu’s. Aire is lit at night & next to open farmland. Artisanal service point with drainage platform, access via automatic barrier. 12€/ night, services included.
3) CCP have a ‘hat trick’ of new aires this month, This new ‘Mon Village’ aire is north of Segre en Anjou, Maine et Loire (49), next to the hamlet of Nyoiseau, located in a large grass area (a former municipal campsite) to the east of the hamlet - bordered by trees/ hedges, with shade & next to the river Oudon, picnic tables & play area adjacent. The pitches are separated by hedges with ehu’s & lighting. The aire is about 400m from the hamlet centre. An artisanal service point with a platform drain & toilets.
4) Aire|ParkReservation have recently opened an aire in Castillon du Gard in Gard (30), this aire is pleasantly situated near to the Gardon river & the parking is in a large gravel area, accessed by a gravel track with a little shade. There are 19 spaces separated by hedges each with ehu & it is 200m to the medieval village centre where there are a couple of shops. AireServices service point with a platform drain. Access by automatic barrier. A quiet, secure (CCTV) & peaceful aire with individual spaces each with 16A ehu. 4 kms from Pont du Gard, footpath & cycle track adjacent. Boulangerie/ tabac nearby & a shop selling regional produce.
APRIL 2022 NEWS
1) CampingCarPark have opened a new ‘Mon Village’ aire in Loudon, Vienne (86) next to a large lake in a large grass area (former municipal campsite) - bordered by trees/ hedges, with shade & next to the river Martiel, picnic tables adjacent. Some of the grass pitches are separated by hedges with ehu’s & lighting. The aire is about 800m from the town centre. An artisanal service point with a platform drain & toilets, access via automatic barrier. CCP card required. A pleasant, quiet lakeside aire with shaded spaces & walks along river. Service point is outside the aire & the toilets with washing up sinks are only open 01/06 till 30/09. The aire is about 20 mins walk from the town shops/ services & Leclerc supermarket. Market on Saturday & Tuesday mornings. The Renaudot museum, Martray gate & the Square Tower to visit in town.
2) Another CampingCarPark ‘Mon Village’ aire has opened in Chatillon sur Indre, Indre (36) - located in a former municipal campsite on the north side of town bordered by mature trees with parking available on grass bordered by hedges, & with some spaces under the trees. Aire is 500m to the town centre shops & services. Artisanal borne with platform drain & Toilets. Access via automatic barrier, CCP card required. A very pleasant, quiet aire in the former camping, 50 spaces each with ehu & toilets open 01/05 till 31/10. Cycle track adjacent & swimming pool nearby. Ground can get soft after rain, play area adjacent. Shops, OT & supermarket in town, large market every Friday.
3) AireParkReservation have now taken over the aire in Vouvant, Vendee (85). The aire is in a medium sized tarmac/ grass parking area at the northern entrance to the village & close to the river that encircles the village – little shade & slightly sloping. The parking is bordered by grassy areas & is 350m away from the village centre where there are some shops (boulangerie, café, etc). Pitches on tarmac or grass, each have 10A ehu, wifi, picnic tables & area has CCTV with an automatic barrier at entrance. An Artisanal borne with a drainage platform. A very pretty village next to the river La Mere with good walks & a great patisserie. The aire is clean & quiet at night despite being next to the D31 (not much traffic on it at night) & the village is one of the “Plus Beaux Villages de France”- lots of also artists live here.
4) The aire in Château Renault in Indre-et-Loire (37) is now a CampingCarPark ‘Mon Village’ aire, situated on an island, it is about 400m from the town centre. Parking is on grass, shaded by trees/ hedges, accessed by a tarmac track with entry to the aire controlled by an automatic barrier (CCP card required). Artisanal service point with drainage platform & showers/ toilets. 56 x 6A ehu’s & wifi. A well managed & maintained aire, quiet & in a pleasant spot on an island. Nice hedged pitches with some shade but only 56 ehu’s for 72 spaces. Toilets only open 01/07 till 31/08. Close to the good range of shops in town & market on Tuesday & Saturday mornings. Aqua centre adjacent, Chateau Renault with its park & Tannery museum in town.
MAY 2022 NEWS
1) The municipal aire in Nozay, north of Nantes, in Loire-Atlantique (44) is currently closed whilst a replacement aire is being built. The new aire, to be opened in July, will be next to the town’s fishing lakes & will offer 20 spaces (as opposed to the current 8) all with ehu’s as well as a modern service point.
2) AireParkReservation have opened a new aire in Bellegarde in Loiret (45). A 10 space aire in a tarmac parking area, 500m from the town centre, with ehu’s & lighting but little shade & an AireServices borne. Parking is free with electric at €3/ 24 hrs.
3) The excellent aire at St Jean sur Mayenne (53) has just reopened after the installation of an automatic barrier, payment terminal & the increase in number of pitches to 44. The former municipal campsite (included in our ‘Best Aires Guide’) has kept its rate to 11€/ night including services.
4) Beugnon-Thireuil in Deux-Sevres (79) has opened a CampingCarPark ‘Mon Village’ aire - located in a former municipal campsite on the western side of this small village bordered by mature trees with parking available on grass & with some spaces under the trees. Aire is 400m to the village centre. Artisanal borne with platform drain & Toilets. Access via automatic barrier, CCP card required. A basic but pleasant, small quiet aire surrounded by farmland in the former camping, 16 spaces but only 12 with ehu & toilets open 01/04 till 30/09. Short walk into village but only a café (also sells bread) there.
5) Another CampingCarPark ‘Mon Village’ aire has also opened in Poitou-Charentes, this one is located in Rouillac (16), also in a former municipal campsite on the northern side of this small town bordered by mature trees with parking available on grass & with some spaces under the trees. Artisanal borne with large platform drain & toilets/ showers. Access via automatic barrier, CCP card required. Aire is 400m to the town centre where there is a reasonable selection of shops, SuperU & eating places as well as a 12th C. church.
JUNE 2022 NEWS
1) AireParkReservation have opened a new aire in Dol-de-Bretagne in Ille et Vilaine (35), 8kms from the sea. A 16 space aire in a tarmac parking area, each pitch with an ehu, 300m from the old town centre/ shops, with lighting, a little shade & an AireServices borne. Parking is 12€ with services included & 2 spaces have been created for large vehicles.
2) The aire in Nozay, Loire-Atlantique (44) was closed in March to allow for improvement works to start. The new aire will be managed by AireParkReservation & offer 20 pitches, each with electric & secured with CCTV as well as an automatic barrier but the price will remain unchanged. A temporary aire has been created on the other side of the D121 whilst the works (due to finish in July) are completed.
3) APR have also opened a new aire in Carcans Maubuisson, Gironde (33) - located under the pines, in the heart of the forest of Carcans, an exceptional site bordered to the west by the ocean (5km), to the east by the lake from Carcans-Hourtin (3km), the forest being home to a unique national nature reserve. The aire has 35 pitches on hardstanding with 10A ehu’s & an AireServices borne with platform drain.
4) Also in Loire-Atlantique (44), Bernerie-en-Retz is planning to relocate its aire due to the construction of a planned nursing home. The new aire will increase in size from 30 to 35 pitches but will be further away from the coast.
5) A fourth APR aire has also opened in Moutiers in Savoie (73) amongst the areas ski resorts. This small aire has 6 spaces on tarmac, each with 10A ehu, bordered by grass areas with young trees. The aire is accessed by an automatic barrier & is on the northern side of town, behind the railway station, close to shops/ services. 11€/ night services included.
JULY 2022 NEWS
1) The town of Landunvez in Finistere (29), Brittany has opened a new aire within its St Gonvel municipal campsite on the north side of the town. The aire has an automatic barrier allowing 24/7 access all year apart from June till September when the campsite is open. The aire is close to the sea, has 6A ehu’s & an AireService service point with platform drain, 7,50€/ night services included.
2) AireParkReservation have taken over the management of the small aire in Jaligny sur Bresbre in Allier (03) pleasantly situated on the banks of the Bresbre river. The aire is still free, with 6 spaces on tarmac, an AireServices borne & 4 ehu’s with electric at 2€/ hour. Shops nearby in the village centre.
3) Opened last week is the new aire in Locmariaquer in Morbihan (56), part of the municipal campsite but managed by AireParkReservation. The aire is next to the beach with 41 spaces, each with 10A ehu, an AireServices service point with platform drain, all accessed via an automatic barrier. The aire is 1.5km from the village with a few shops, parking is 11€/ night, services included.
4) Also just opened is the new aire in Benet in the Vendee (85) conveniently situated next to the Marais Poitevin nature reserve. The aire has 12 spaces on grass but no shade, with ehu’s & a service point with platform drain, all accessed by an automatic barrier. The aire is about 1.5kms from the town centre & its shops.
5) The pleasant lakeside aire in Savines le Lac in Hautes-Alpes (05) has recently been taken over by AireParkReservation, offering 18 spaces on tarmac with ehu’s & an AireServices borne. Parking & services are 13€/ night with access via an automatic barrier, the aire is only 200m from the village & its shops.
AUGUST 2022 NEWS
1) The spa town of Lamalou les Bains in Herault (34) has just reopened after several moths of improvement works. The aire is now managed by CampingCarPark & has 49 pitches on hard standing with ehu's & wifi, access via an automatic barrier, CCP card required. The aire has nearby access to the 'Passa Pais' green lane cycle track.
2) A new private aire has opened in Charente (16) - La Cabane in Lesignac-Durand offers 60 m² pitches for a price of €12.50 per night with electricity, water & drainage . Toilets and washing machines are also available to users, as well as a barbecue and a playground with swings and slides that children will appreciate.The area is located in the heart of the Haute-Charente lakes in a calm and relaxing environment.
3) Another private aire has just been created in Martigny les Bains in Vosges (88). This small 4 pitch aire has electric, water & drainage provided for 10€/ night. 1 Rue Bayen, Martigny les Bains.
4) The town of Saint-Pierre d'Oléron in Charente-Maritime (17) has just opened a new aire. This facility, which has 56 pitches for motorhomes weighing up to 3,500 kg, is ideally located, under the pines, on the former municipal campsite of La Fauche-Prère. The area is accessible every day of the year, from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. from 01/04 to 30/09 and from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. from 1/10 to 31/03, through an automated barrier system. Each pitch is equipped with a 16 A electrical terminal & wifi. The site is under video surveillance for everyone's safety & a service point with platform drain is available.Located at the foot of the dunes, the area provides direct access to Fauche-Prère beach. The cycle path that borders the aire allows you to cycle to the fishing port of La Cotinière located 1km away or to Saint-Pierre, 3.5km away. 16€/ night, services included.
OCTOBER 2022 NEWS
1) 1) A new aire in Arras, Pas de Calais is now officially open for motorhomes. The aire is on the banks of the Scarpe river just north of the city centre with access via an automatic barrier, 9€/ night, services included.
2) The municipal aire in Mauriac, Cantal (15) has now closed with a large replacement aire provided by CampingCarPark having opened on the south side of town. The aire has spaces on tarmac with no shade in a pleasant rural location but remote from the town centre. Access by automatic barrier, CCP card required.
3) The aire in the municipal campsite at Grandrieu, Lozere (48) is now managed by AireParkReservation & is open all year but when the camping is open, fees are the same as the campsite. There are 4 spaces available when the campsite is closed (01/11 till 30/04)with free parking & services at 2€.
4) A new aire managed by AireParkReservation has opened in Gisors, Eure (27), located in a wooded environment close to the town centre with 10 spaces & 9 ehu's. Access is via automatic barrier, 10€/ night services included.
5) A new aire has been inaugurated in Chenonceaux,Indre et Loire (37) close to the famous chateau. The aire is run by CampingCarPark & has 23 spaces on gravel each with 6A hus & wifi. Access is via an automatic barrier, CCP card required, 13€/ night services included.
NOVEMBER 2022 NEWS
1) AireParkReservation have opened a new aire in Charencey in Orne (61). This pleasantly situated aire has 21 spaces on hard standing, some with shade, bordered by grass & each with a 10A ehu. The aire is next to a lake on the west side of St Maurice les Charencey.
2) They have also opened an aire in the Hautes-Pyrenees (65) in Vieille-Aure. located near two famous ski resorts: Piau-Engaly and Saint-Lary-Soulan. This unique territory is located between peaks and valley, the Aure valley is located in the heart of the Pyrenees chain, just 20km from Spain. The aire has 10 spaces on grass with ehu’s but little shade.
3) APR have a third new aire this month, this one is in Isere (38), located in part of the campsite at Charavines where there are 24 pitches on grass, each with a 6A ehu. The aire is close to the centre of town & a short walk from the large Lac de Paladru.
4) Unfortunately the popular aire naturelle in Pruille l’Eguille (featured in our ‘Best Aires’ guide)in Sarthe (72) has now closed permanently.
DECEMBER 2022 NEWS
1) AireParkReservation have opened a new aire in Theys (left), Isere (38). A former municipal campsite now managed by AireParkReservation a few kms from Theys but not far from Les Adrets. Well equipped with shaded pitches on grass separated by high hedges in a quiet rural location. Laundry, 10A ehu’s, AireServices borne with drainage platform & site is secured by CCTV. Entry via automatic barrier. 17€/ night inclusive.
2) Another new APR aire is located in Le Salvetat sur Agout, Herault (34) where the aire has moved to a former campsite 400m north of the village centre, near to the football pitch where there are 55 individual level pitches with ehu’s, 30 on gravel separated by grass. There is good shade under mature trees, lighting & the aire backs onto open farmland. Modern AireServices service point with drainage platform, access via automatic barrier. 15€/ night inclusive.
3) The aire in Nozay, Loire Atlantique (44) has been renovated & now has 20 pitches on hard standing with ehu’s but the places are quite short & narrow with not much shade. Parking is 9€/ night inclusive.
4) Also in Loire Atlantique (44), AireParkReservation have opened a 44 pitch aire in Piriac sur Mer. Pitches are on gravel, each with an ehu/ wifi & close to the beach whilst only a short distance from the town centre. 17€/ night inclusive.
5) The municipal aire in Valence d’Agen in Tarn et Garonne (82) has now closed permanently & the services have been removed. Alternative aires can be found in nearby Donzac or Bardigues (both in our Best Aires guide).
6) The municipal aire in Florac has now closed & motorhomes are directed to the town campsite where pitches are 20€/ night.
JANUARY 2023 NEWS
1) AireParkReservation have opened a new aire (left) in the village of Maury in Pyrenees Orientales (66), located 400m from the centre and around 100m from the shops. It is made up of 10 spacious pitches, a space for emptying/ filling and 8 electrical connections of 10A. Parking is free for 48 hours, services cost €3.50 for 24 hours of electricity or for 10 minutes of water (about 100L) & the aire is protected by CCTV.
2) The town of Plestin les Greves in Cotes d’Armor (22), Brittany is currently converting its campsite into an aire. The aire will be the largest in area in the dpartment, 1.5 ha with up to 60 pitches of 70 m2 available, each with an ehu as well as a service area. The aire is due to open in April, 2023.
3) The aire in Ouistreham, Normandy is currently being renovated & will re-open in the spring. The improvements will include more vegetation, picnic tables, a new service area & toilets but the number of pitches will be reduced by 12 to a total of 34. The price however is likely to rise from its current rate of 12€/ day.
4) CampingCarPark have opened a new aire in Arinthod in Jura (39). This small 10 pitch aire is on the north side of the village with individual spaces on gravel, each with 6A ehu’s & wifi, the aire is enclosed by hedges. Prices are 10-12€/ night.
5) Rochefort-en-Terre in Morbihan (56) is listed as one of the Small Cities of Character & one of the ‘Most Beautiful Villages of France’, the town was also elected Favourite Village of the French in 2016. AireParkReservation have just opened a new aire here, located 500m from the town centre and 400m from the Moulin Neuf Aventure leisure area, on the edge of a 14 ha landscaped lake. The aire has 32 spacious pitches each with 10A ehu as well as an AireServices service point. 13€/ night, services included.
FEBRUARY 2023 NEWS
1) The private aire at Beauvoir in Manche (50) near to Le Mont St Michel has been sold to the CampingCarPark company who will re-open the ite before summer 2023. The aire is included in our ‘Best Aires Guide 2023 /24’ but it is expected that the standards will be maintained & there is unlikely to be a price rise this year. The aire is due to be enlarged to 180 spaces & will continue to offer ehu’s, water & drainage.
2) The town of Pacy sur Eure in Eure (27) has opened a new aire. The facility, which has 5 locations and a terminal for emptying, filling up with water and electricity. The aire (free at present) has been officially open since November 23, 2022 & is located near the town centre, its shops and services.
3) AireParkReservation have opened a new aire in St Evroult Notre Dame du Bois in Orne (61). The aire is located in a pleasant ‘green’ location next to a lake on the east side of the village & close to the centre. 25 pitches are available on hard standings, bordered by grass & shaded by mature trees with ehu’s, wifi & toilets. 12.5€/ night, services included.
4) AireParkReservation have also taken over the management of the aire in Chatel Guyon in Puy de Dome (63). The aire has 14 spaces on tarmac with ehu’s & an AireService borne with drainage platform, close to the town centre. 12.5€/ night, services included.
5) The town of Agen in Lot et Garonne (47), currently doesn’t have an aire but the town is planning to open two new aires this year offering a total of 33 pitches. Whilst this is good news for motorhomers visiting the town, it is not being welcomed by the local campsite owners as 80% of their out of season bookings come from motorhomes.
MARCH 2023 NEWS
1) AireParkReservation have just opened a new aire in St Paul les Durances, Bouches du Rhone (13) where there is a terminal for emptying waste water, drinking water filling and electrical connections for each of the 10 spacious pitches. A pleasant canal side space including picnic tables, pétanque pitch as well as the Wifi network. 12€/ night, services included,
2) They have also opened an aire in Beaumont le Roger, Eure (27), also with 10 pitches on hard standing about 500m from the town centre, spaces are lit at night but have little shade. Services & parking are free including 1 hour of electric.
3) A new private aire (pictured) has been opened in Rte de Pestin, Locquirec in Finistere (29), Brittany. The aire is relatively expensive at 18€/ night (including services) but is in a pleasant spot overlooking the Bay of Lannion with pitches on grass. The aire is owned by the adjacent campsite but is open all year via an automatic barrier.
4) CampingCarPark have taken over the management of the small aire in Villié-Morgon, Rhone (69). The aire has just 6 spaces on tarmac, accessed by an automatic barrier (CCP card required), with ehu’s, water & drainage plus wifi. The location has nice views & is close to the village shops.
5) The municipal aire in La Bernerie en Retz, Loire-Atlantique (44) is going to close permanently. The aire has been sold to a property developer & a nursing home is due to be built there, the aire will remain open until March 2024 but no replacement is planned at present.