Aires News 2022
All the latest news on aires in France
Scroll down to the bottom for latest news
If you have any information on new aires or changes to existing aires send us an email or use the contact form
1) AireParkReservation have recently opened a new aire in Laragne-Monteglin, Hautes-Alpes (05). The motorhome area is located in the Monteglin campsite, it is open all year round & is made up of 6 pitches which can be accessed by an automatic barrier 24 hours a day. There are 6 electrical connections, an artisanal service point with drain, lighting and free WiFi. The terminal is equipped with an integral frost protection system so is accessible all year round. 10.5€/ night including services.
2) The village of Minihic-sur-Rance in Ille-et-Vilaine (35) on the Rance estuary has also opened a new aire, managed by AireParkReservation. The aire on Rue du Pron has 6 free parking spaces on tarmac with an AireServices borne with platform drain, water or electric at 2€.
3) Near the village of Bram, Aude (11), you will discover another new APR managed aire in a large flat, semi-shaded site, dotted with 20 gravel pitches of 50 m² with 16A ehu’s, in a peaceful rural lakeside location. The area in La Gabache is fenced, with CCTV & access by automatic barrier with an artisanal service point & drain, 10€/ night – services included.
4) Gacé in Orne (61) has converted its municipal campsite into an all year round aire although it is still run as a campsite from 01/05 till 30/10, when sanitary facilities are available. The site has 28 pitches on grass with ehu’s, separated by hedges, with an AireServices service point but no grey drain, in a quiet spot on the western side of town. Parking is 13€/ night including services & Wifi.
1) The municipal aire in Avenue de Padron, Noirmoutier-en-L’Ile, Vendee (85) has been taken over by the CampingCarPark company who will manage it under contract for the next 9 years. The change also involves reducing the number of spaces from 220 to 142, making the spaces larger & renovating the existing site.
2) CCP have also opened a new aire in Henvic, Finistere (29). This former municipal campsite is located on the western side of this rural village in a grass parking area next to the football pitch. The ‘Camping Mon Village’ aire has 30 level spaces on grass, accessed by a gravel track, with 6A ehu’s & shade from mature trees. Access is via an automatic barrier with an Artisanal service point with drainage platfrom. Village has a small selection of shops but little else. The parking here is also open to caravans & tents in July & August. A quiet green spot about 400m from village centre with large, level pitches. 13€/ night, services included.
3) AireParkReservation have recently opened a new aire in Pont en Royans, Isere (38). The motorhome area is located in the former municipal campsite, it is open all year round & is made up of 28 large pitches on gravel, separated by hedges, which are accessed by an automatic barrier. Pitches are shaded, accessed by a gravel track & have 10A ehu’s. 10€/ night, services included.
4) APR have also taken over the municipal aire in Plonevez-Porzay, Finistere (29), located on the western outskirts of this rural village in a large gravel/ grass parking area bordered by grass areas where there are now 30 level spaces (but little shade). Aire is next to football pitch with open farmland to west, beaches are 5kms to west. A pleasant, quiet aire – well maintained & clean with a short level walk into village & shops. Free parking with services at 1.55€.
5) At Bretteville sur Odon, to the west of Caen in Normandy, AireParkReservation have opened an aire with 20 spaces on tarmac each with 10A ehu’s & wifi. The aire is on the western side of the town but is next to a busy roundabout so suffers from road noise. 13€/ night with services included.
1) CampingCarPark have opened a new ‘Mon Village’ aire in the village of Le Faou in Finistere (29). The aire is located on the western outskirts of this rural village in the former municipal campsite with a large grass parking area where there are 24 level spaces, having a little shade in places, on grass, all with 6A ehu’s. Aire is next to a park overlooking the estuary with open farmland to west. Artisanal service point with drainage platform, access via automatic barrier. A pleasant, quiet aire with nice river views – well maintained & clean with ample parking.
2) Another CampingCarPark ‘Mon Village’ aire has opened in nearby St Goazec (29), this is located on the eastern outskirts of the rural village in the former municipal campsite with a large grass parking area where there are 31 level spaces, on grass, having shade in places, all with 6A ehu’s. Aire is lit at night & next to open farmland. Artisanal service point with drainage platform, access via automatic barrier. 12€/ night, services included.
3) CCP have a ‘hat trick’ of new aires this month, This new ‘Mon Village’ aire is north of Segre en Anjou, Maine et Loire (49), next to the hamlet of Nyoiseau, located in a large grass area (a former municipal campsite) to the east of the hamlet - bordered by trees/ hedges, with shade & next to the river Oudon, picnic tables & play area adjacent. The pitches are separated by hedges with ehu’s & lighting. The aire is about 400m from the hamlet centre. An artisanal service point with a platform drain & toilets.
4) Aire|ParkReservation have recently opened an aire in Castillon du Gard in Gard (30), this aire is pleasantly situated near to the Gardon river & the parking is in a large gravel area, accessed by a gravel track with a little shade. There are 19 spaces separated by hedges each with ehu & it is 200m to the medieval village centre where there are a couple of shops. AireServices service point with a platform drain. Access by automatic barrier. A quiet, secure (CCTV) & peaceful aire with individual spaces each with 16A ehu. 4 kms from Pont du Gard, footpath & cycle track adjacent. Boulangerie/ tabac nearby & a shop selling regional produce.
1) CampingCarPark have opened a new ‘Mon Village’ aire in Loudon, Vienne (86) next to a large lake in a large grass area (former municipal campsite) - bordered by trees/ hedges, with shade & next to the river Martiel, picnic tables adjacent. Some of the grass pitches are separated by hedges with ehu’s & lighting. The aire is about 800m from the town centre. An artisanal service point with a platform drain & toilets, access via automatic barrier. CCP card required. A pleasant, quiet lakeside aire with shaded spaces & walks along river. Service point is outside the aire & the toilets with washing up sinks are only open 01/06 till 30/09. The aire is about 20 mins walk from the town shops/ services & Leclerc supermarket. Market on Saturday & Tuesday mornings. The Renaudot museum, Martray gate & the Square Tower to visit in town.
2) Another CampingCarPark ‘Mon Village’ aire has opened in Chatillon sur Indre, Indre (36) - located in a former municipal campsite on the north side of town bordered by mature trees with parking available on grass bordered by hedges, & with some spaces under the trees. Aire is 500m to the town centre shops & services. Artisanal borne with platform drain & Toilets. Access via automatic barrier, CCP card required. A very pleasant, quiet aire in the former camping, 50 spaces each with ehu & toilets open 01/05 till 31/10. Cycle track adjacent & swimming pool nearby. Ground can get soft after rain, play area adjacent. Shops, OT & supermarket in town, large market every Friday.
3) AireParkReservation have now taken over the aire in Vouvant, Vendee (85). The aire is in a medium sized tarmac/ grass parking area at the northern entrance to the village & close to the river that encircles the village – little shade & slightly sloping. The parking is bordered by grassy areas & is 350m away from the village centre where there are some shops (boulangerie, café, etc). Pitches on tarmac or grass, each have 10A ehu, wifi, picnic tables & area has CCTV with an automatic barrier at entrance. An Artisanal borne with a drainage platform. A very pretty village next to the river La Mere with good walks & a great patisserie. The aire is clean & quiet at night despite being next to the D31 (not much traffic on it at night) & the village is one of the “Plus Beaux Villages de France”- lots of also artists live here.
4) The aire in Château Renault in Indre-et-Loire (37) is now a CampingCarPark ‘Mon Village’ aire, situated on an island, it is about 400m from the town centre. Parking is on grass, shaded by trees/ hedges, accessed by a tarmac track with entry to the aire controlled by an automatic barrier (CCP card required). Artisanal service point with drainage platform & showers/ toilets. 56 x 6A ehu’s & wifi. A well managed & maintained aire, quiet & in a pleasant spot on an island. Nice hedged pitches with some shade but only 56 ehu’s for 72 spaces. Toilets only open 01/07 till 31/08. Close to the good range of shops in town & market on Tuesday & Saturday mornings. Aqua centre adjacent, Chateau Renault with its park & Tannery museum in town.
1) The municipal aire in Nozay, north of Nantes, in Loire-Atlantique (44) is currently closed whilst a replacement aire is being built. The new aire, to be opened in July, will be next to the town’s fishing lakes & will offer 20 spaces (as opposed to the current 8) all with ehu’s as well as a modern service point.
2) AireParkReservation have opened a new aire in Bellegarde in Loiret (45). A 10 space aire in a tarmac parking area, 500m from the town centre, with ehu’s & lighting but little shade & an AireServices borne. Parking is free with electric at €3/ 24 hrs.
3) The excellent aire at St Jean sur Mayenne (53) has just reopened after the installation of an automatic barrier, payment terminal & the increase in number of pitches to 44. The former municipal campsite (included in our ‘Best Aires Guide’) has kept its rate to 11€/ night including services.
4) Beugnon-Thireuil in Deux-Sevres (79) has opened a CampingCarPark ‘Mon Village’ aire - located in a former municipal campsite on the western side of this small village bordered by mature trees with parking available on grass & with some spaces under the trees. Aire is 400m to the village centre. Artisanal borne with platform drain & Toilets. Access via automatic barrier, CCP card required. A basic but pleasant, small quiet aire surrounded by farmland in the former camping, 16 spaces but only 12 with ehu & toilets open 01/04 till 30/09. Short walk into village but only a café (also sells bread) there.
5) Another CampingCarPark ‘Mon Village’ aire has also opened in Poitou-Charentes, this one is located in Rouillac (16), also in a former municipal campsite on the northern side of this small town bordered by mature trees with parking available on grass & with some spaces under the trees. Artisanal borne with large platform drain & toilets/ showers. Access via automatic barrier, CCP card required. Aire is 400m to the town centre where there is a reasonable selection of shops, SuperU & eating places as well as a 12th C. church.