Aires News 2023
All the latest news on aires in France
Scroll down to the bottom for latest news
If you have any information on new aires or changes to existing aires send us an email or use the contact form
JANUARY 2023 NEWS
1) AireParkReservation have opened a new aire (left) in the village of Maury in Pyrenees Orientales (66), located 400m from the centre and around 100m from the shops. It is made up of 10 spacious pitches, a space for emptying/ filling and 8 electrical connections of 10A. Parking is free for 48 hours, services cost €3.50 for 24 hours of electricity or for 10 minutes of water (about 100L) & the aire is protected by CCTV.
2) The town of Plestin les Greves in Cotes d’Armor (22), Brittany is currently converting its campsite into an aire. The aire will be the largest in area in the dpartment, 1.5 ha with up to 60 pitches of 70 m2 available, each with an ehu as well as a service area. The aire is due to open in April, 2023.
3) The aire in Ouistreham, Normandy is currently being renovated & will re-open in the spring. The improvements will include more vegetation, picnic tables, a new service area & toilets but the number of pitches will be reduced by 12 to a total of 34. The price however is likely to rise from its current rate of 12€/ day.
4) CampingCarPark have opened a new aire in Arinthod in Jura (39). This small 10 pitch aire is on the north side of the village with individual spaces on gravel, each with 6A ehu’s & wifi, the aire is enclosed by hedges. Prices are 10-12€/ night.
5) Rochefort-en-Terre in Morbihan (56) is listed as one of the Small Cities of Character & one of the ‘Most Beautiful Villages of France’, the town was also elected Favourite Village of the French in 2016. AireParkReservation have just opened a new aire here, located 500m from the town centre and 400m from the Moulin Neuf Aventure leisure area, on the edge of a 14 ha landscaped lake. The aire has 32 spacious pitches each with 10A ehu as well as an AireServices service point. 13€/ night, services included.
FEBRUARY 2023 NEWS
1) The private aire at Beauvoir in Manche (50) near to Le Mont St Michel has been sold to the CampingCarPark company who will re-open the ite before summer 2023. The aire is included in our ‘Best Aires Guide 2023 /24’ but it is expected that the standards will be maintained & there is unlikely to be a price rise this year. The aire is due to be enlarged to 180 spaces & will continue to offer ehu’s, water & drainage.
2) The town of Pacy sur Eure in Eure (27) has opened a new aire. The facility, which has 5 locations and a terminal for emptying, filling up with water and electricity. The aire (free at present) has been officially open since November 23, 2022 & is located near the town centre, its shops and services.
3) AireParkReservation have opened a new aire in St Evroult Notre Dame du Bois in Orne (61). The aire is located in a pleasant ‘green’ location next to a lake on the east side of the village & close to the centre. 25 pitches are available on hard standings, bordered by grass & shaded by mature trees with ehu’s, wifi & toilets. 12.5€/ night, services included.
4) AireParkReservation have also taken over the management of the aire in Chatel Guyon in Puy de Dome (63). The aire has 14 spaces on tarmac with ehu’s & an AireService borne with drainage platform, close to the town centre. 12.5€/ night, services included.
5) The town of Agen in Lot et Garonne (47), currently doesn’t have an aire but the town is planning to open two new aires this year offering a total of 33 pitches. Whilst this is good news for motorhomers visiting the town, it is not being welcomed by the local campsite owners as 80% of their out of season bookings come from motorhomes.
MARCH 2023 NEWS
1) AireParkReservation have just opened a new aire in St Paul les Durances, Bouches du Rhone (13) where there is a terminal for emptying waste water, drinking water filling and electrical connections for each of the 10 spacious pitches. A pleasant canal side space including picnic tables, pétanque pitch as well as the Wifi network. 12€/ night, services included,
2) They have also opened an aire in Beaumont le Roger, Eure (27), also with 10 pitches on hard standing about 500m from the town centre, spaces are lit at night but have little shade. Services & parking are free including 1 hour of electric.
3) A new private aire (pictured) has been opened in Rte de Pestin, Locquirec in Finistere (29), Brittany. The aire is relatively expensive at 18€/ night (including services) but is in a pleasant spot overlooking the Bay of Lannion with pitches on grass. The aire is owned by the adjacent campsite but is open all year via an automatic barrier.
4) CampingCarPark have taken over the management of the small aire in Villié-Morgon, Rhone (69). The aire has just 6 spaces on tarmac, accessed by an automatic barrier (CCP card required), with ehu’s, water & drainage plus wifi. The location has nice views & is close to the village shops.
5) The municipal aire in La Bernerie en Retz, Loire-Atlantique (44) is going to close permanently. The aire has been sold to a property developer & a nursing home is due to be built there, the aire will remain open until March 2024 but no replacement is planned at present.
APRIL 2023 NEWS
1) AireParkReservation have just opened a new aire (left) in Penestin, Morbihan (56) where there are 50 spacious pitches on grass, 100m from a pleasant beach & about 1km south of the village in a quiet rural location. The aire is in a protected nature area & consequently no services have been provided. 8€/ night for parking, access via automatic barrier.
2) They have also opened another aire in Avenue du Stade, Fronton, Haute Garonne (31), with 10 pitches on hard standing about 100m from the town centre, spaces are lit at night but have little shade. AireServices borne with drainage platform & 10 x 10A ehu’s, access via automatic barrier. 10€/ night, services included.
3) The municipal aire in La Bernerie en Retz, Loire-Atlantique (44) that was reported last month as closing in 2024 without a replacement, does in fact have a proposed new aire. Subscriber Tom Bishop has informed me that a new aire will be developed close to the new health centre but a completion date has not been confirmed.
4) The spa town of Bagnères-de Bigorre in the Hautes Pyrénées that had a free aire with 12 spaces has been taken over by CampingCarPark who have increased the size of the aire to 28 pitches (on tarmac) each with ehu & access to wifi, The price for a nights stay (including services) has however increased to 21€ (excluding tourist tax).
5) The village of La Neuve-Lyre in Eure (27) has decided to open its municipal campsite all year round. The village is nestled on the edge of the Conches forest near the Perche Regional Nature Park. The village overlooks the Risle river & has several stores (restaurant, newsagent, butcher, bakery, grocer, pharmacy, garage & a pizza van on Friday evening). 70 pitches on grass are available at 10 – 13 €/ night (services included).
MAY 2023 NEWS
1) AireParkReservation will soon be opening an aire near the town of Plouescat in Finistere (29). The aire is in a protected nature area, near to the sea & will have 28 pitches with services, open all year round with access via automatic barrier.
2) Until recently the only place to park for the night in the pretty town of Cassel, Nord (59) was in the sports stadium car park, but the town have now decided to convert the parking into a 19 space motorhome aire with a service point, drainage & ehu’s. The aire will be managed by the local tourism office.
3) Mont St Michel has several aires within it’s vicinity but in high season it is often difficult to find a vacant pitch. The nearby village of Servon in Manche (50) has therefore decided to open an aire with 32 spaces on a one hectare site which will be open all year with access via an automatic barrier & managed by the AireParkReservation company. Work is well under way with the aire likely to be open before the summer.
4) The municipal aire at Imphy, Nievre (58), which is included in our ‘Best Aires guide’ has been taken over by AireParkReservation. The 12 pitches are next to the Loire river & access is now via an automatic barrier, parking is 5€/ night – services included.
5) The 10 space municipal aire in Blain, Loire Atlantique (44), which was closed last summer due to its occupation by a group of travellers, is to be improved & will have an automatic barrier installed to improve security.
6) The historic city of Troyes (left) has just opened a large 37 pitch aire in a pleasant grass & tree lined area. Each large pitch has an ehu & there is an AireServices service point with water & drainage platform. The aire is on the northern edge of the city & price is 13€/ night, services included.
JUNE 2023 NEWS
1) AireParkReservation have opened a new aire in St Paul lez Durance, Bouches du Rhone (13). The aire has 10 spaces on tarmac with shade in places, each with an ehu & access to an Aireservices borne with drainage platform. The aire is accessed by an automatic barrier & is located between the Durance river & a canal, on the eastern edge of the village but unfortunately within earshot of the A51 autoroute. Price is 12€/ night, services included.
2) The small 2 space aire in Martres Tolosane in Haute Garonne (31) has recently been refurbished & is now run by AireParkReservation. The tarmac aire is on the northern side of the village where there is a small selection of shops, parking & services (water & drainage) are free but the aire suffers from noise from the nearby A64 autoroute.
3) Located in the centre of the village of Sannat in Creuse (23), this new motorhome area offers spaces from mid-March to mid-November. The aire benefits from a water distribution terminal with platform drain and 4 free parking spaces on tarmac. Just 30 meters from the aire is the fishing lake and 1 km away, the village pond with its picnic area and barbecue.
4) The town of Amiens in the Somme (80) which previously hasn’t had an aire has just opened a new parking area (left) located near the Cygnes campsite. The enclosed aire can accept around 30 motorhomes, each pitch is spacious. Parking is 12 € per night and includes access to water, electricity and toilets, as well as drainage. Amiens has many points of interest from its Gothic cathedral, its medieval belfry, the small canals which line the terraces of the cafés as well as the Baie de Somme a little further away.
5) The small village of Rosnoen in Finistere (29) is due to open a new aire for 12 motorhomes. The aire should be ready shortly & is located next to the Pont de Terenz on the D791, close to a small cafe & overlooking the Aulne estuary.
JULY 2023 NEWS
1) AireParkReservation have opened a new aire (left) in Cerbere, Pyrenees-Orientales(66). The aire has 24 spaces on tarmac with little shade, 16 have a 16A ehu & access to an Aireservices borne with drainage platform. The aire is accessed by an automatic barrier & is located on Cap Peyrefite with fine views over the Med. Price is 13€/ night, services included.
2) Camping-Car Park has taken over the aire at Guerande, Loire-Atlantique, much to the chagrin of many users who used to go there, in particular because of its free access and its position in relation to the town. The new aire will have 32 payable pitches, including seven for large motorhomes. All pitches will have an ehu, but before this work is completed, the town of Guérande is forced to close the aire during the summer period so that the works can be completed.
3) AireParkReservation have now opened a new aire in Plestin les Grèves in Cotes d’Armor (22). Each of the 80 pitches have a generous area of 70m² equipped with electrical connections & in addition, the area has a sanitary block accessible all year round. The aire is accessed by an automatic barrier & also benefits from proximity to local shops and restaurants. 10 – 16€/ night, services included.
4) Camping-Car Park has opened a new ‘Mon Village’ aire in the town of Pouillon in Landes (40). The aire is in the former campsite to the north of town & consists of 30 pitches on grass separated by hedges, 26 have 6A ehu’s & there is a sanitary block open from 01/06 till 30/09. The site has wifi & is 15€/ night, services included.
AUGUST 2023 NEWS
1) Plouescat in Finistere (29) (top left)has replaced its small aire with a larger purpose-built aire managed by AireParkReservation. The aire on Rue Pen An, near to the sea & the campsite, has 28 pitches on hard standing separated by grass verges, each with a 10A ehu as well as an AireServices borne & platform drain, access is via an automatic barrier. 10-15€/ night including services.
2) In the village of Boulleret, Cher (18), the restaurant Papy la Frite now offers a pleasant stopover where you can fill up with water, connect to the electric & empty your tanks. Nearby are the Briare canal bridge, Guédelon chateau, Sancerrois vineyards & the Loire cycling circuit (2 km).
3) AireParkReservation have taken over the management of the municipal aire at Huelgoat in Finistere (29). The aire is located south west of the town & has 40 spaces on hardstanding each with a 16A ehu in a pleasant river/ lakeside location but lacking in shade, AireServices borne with platform drain. Access is via an automatic barrier, 14€/ night including services.
4) The small aire in Pont-de-Roide in Doubs (25) has now installed a new service point with drainage platform, unfortunately however this has reduced the number of pitches from 4 to 3.
5) The town of Ploudalmézeau in Finistere (29) (bottom left) has opened a second aire. Located by the sea, this site offers 48 spacious pitches, including 8 XXL pitches of 110m² each to meet the needs of large motorhomes. The pitches are equipped with 10A electrical terminals, Wifi & a service point with drainage platform. The beaches, dunes and coastal paths are just a few steps away from the aire & the rate is 16€/ night in summer (all inclusive).
6) The commune of Goulles in Correze (19), near to the popular Tours de Merle, is planning to open a new aire. The 16 pitches will be 35 m2 each, with electrical connections and a Wi-Fi connection on site. The management of the aire will be by CampingCarPark.
SEPTEMBER 2023 NEWS
1) The aire in Incheville in Seine Maritime (76) has now been take over by CampingCarPark. The aire has been increased in size from 12 to 18 pitches (each with ehu’s) & wifi has been added to the site. The rate has increased slightly to 13€/ night. This aire is included in our Best Aires 2023/24 guide.
2) Mathes - La Palmyre, in Charente Maritime, once had 3 municipal aires, the aire on Avenue de l'Atlantique the largest aire with 96 pitches has just been renovated to add 24 electric terminals, each equipped with four sockets. Also in La Palmyre, on the road to Royan, the second aire here has 45 pitches, all with electric terminals. Whilst in the village of Mathes, 4 kms from the sea, the aire here (formerly free) can accommodate around 30 motorhomes each with ehu’s. These three aires were previously municipal but now these areas have come under the control of Camping-Car Park & unfortunately with this change, it now costs €14 for 24 hours plus €1.32 tourist tax.
3) In service since April 5, 2022, the aire, in Guichen (35) on left, located on the banks of the Vilaine on the former Pont-Réan campsite, is proving very popular & has now recorded 1,950 visits in one year. This AireParkReservation aire (included in our ‘Best Aires’ guide) is on the northern edge of Guichen in a modern space with 20 level pitches on gravel surrounded by grass areas with good shade & ehu’s available as well as nearby toilets & an Aireservices borne with drainage platform. Access by automatic barrier.
4) The town of Challans in Vendée (85) opened a brand new motorhome area on June 19, 2023 to replace their old aire. A pleasant facility comprising 45 pitches with services & the area now belongs to the Camping-Car Park network. This new development aims to offer a greater capacity (45 places instead of 17 previously), in a pleasant and landscaped setting near the town centre.
5) AireParkReservation have opened a new aire in Peyrolles en Provence in Bouches du Rhone (13). The aire has 15 large spaces on hard standing & the facilities include an AireServices borne with platform drain, 15 x 16A electrical connections, a petanque pitch & wifi with access via automatic barrier. The aire is at the entrance to the village but you can easily get to Lac de Peyrolles with its water sports facilities thanks to a pedestrian path that connects the aire to the leisure centre in about 15 minutes.
OCTOBER 2023 NEWS
1) AireParkReservation have opened a new aire in Ranes in Orne (61). The aire has 8 large spaces on hard standing separated by grass verges & the facilities include an AireServices borne with platform drain, 8 electrical connections, with access via automatic barrier. The aire is on the north side of the village where there is a small supermarket, shops & a museum as well as a Saturday market. 13€/ night, services included.
2) APR have also just opened a pleasant aire in Agon Coutainville in Manche (50). The aire is a haven of tranquillity located just 300 m from the town centre and the magnificent fine sand beach is just 500 m away. With its 32 spacious and marked spaces, the area offers a pleasant setting, enhanced by a grassy area as well as all the necessary services, including a grey and black water drain point, drinking water supply as well as electrical connections on each pitch. 9€/ night.
3) CampingCarPark have opened a new aire in Beaune-la-Rolande in Loiret (45). The aire is next to the football pitches in the village, with 19 pitches on hard standing each with a 6A ehu & separated by hedges with some shade in places. The aire is close to the shops & cost 13€/ night including services. Access via automatic barrier, CCP card required.
4) CCP have also opened a ‘Camping Mon Village’ aire in Jarnac-Chamapagne, Charente Maritime (17). The aire is in a former municipal campsite with 20 pitches on hard standing each with wifi, a 6A ehu & separated by hedges with good shade. The aire is on the south side of the village, next to a lake, all accessed by automatic barrier, 13€/ night including services, CCP card required.
5) A third new aire run by CCP has also been opened in Saint Etienne, Loire (42). Located in the former municipal campsite in Chantegrillet, near the public gardens, the aire includes 42 shaded pitches equipped with electrical terminals. The area, open all year round, offers all the necessary services (water, drainage, electricity, wifi) for €13.90 for 24 hours. Access via automatic barrier, CCP card required.
NOVEMBER 2023 NEWS
1) AireParkReservation have taken over the small aire in Orsennes in Indre (36). The aire has several spaces on hard standing & the facilities include an AireServices borne with platform drain. The aire is close to the centre of the village where there are shops, restaurants & a garage as well as a Wednesday market. Parking is free, 2€ water.
2) The city of Valence in Drome (26) opened a new aire in July with 13 pitches on hard standing separated by hedges, with shade in places, wifi, lighting & CCTV surveillance. There is a service point with platform drain but no electric & unfortunately there is traffic noise from a nearby road & the A7 autoroute. 12€/ night, services included.
3) CampingCarPark have taken over the management of the aire in Erdeven in Morbihan (56). The aire has been renovated & now offers 45 spacious pitches, electrical terminals for each pitch and a service area. Just 100 meters from the aire you will find a mini market and restaurants whilst the large and beautiful beach is also very close. 15€/ night/ services included.
4) CCP have also opened a new aire in the city of St Etienne in Loire (42) (bottom left). The new aire has 42 shaded pitches with ehu’s in a quiet and natural setting whilst being only a few hundred metres from Saint-Etienne centre.15€/ night/ services included.
5) AireParkReservation have taken over the municipal campsite Camping la Vallée in Brionne, Eure (27) (top left) converting it to a 40 pitch aire. The spacious pitches are separated by hedges, each equipped with an electrical connection whilst there is an emptying and water filling area and a sanitary block is available with showers, WC, dishwashing sinks. 5 km from the area is Bec-Hellouin, one of the "Most Beautiful Villages in France". 14€/ night, services included.
6) The municipal aire in Echillais, Charente-Maritime (17) has cut off the water supply to its service point after it found that there had been excessive consumption, the equivalent of 24 motorhomes /day filling their tanks although the aire only receives visits of about 50 vehicles/ year. It isn’t clear if this closure is temporary or permanent.
DECEMBER 2023 NEWS
1) AireParkReservation have taken over the small aire in Bonnieux in Vaucluse (84) (pictured left). The aire has seven spaces on hard standing & the facilities include 4 ehu’s, wifi & an AireServices borne with platform drain. The aire is close to the centre of this historic village where there are shops, restaurants & a Friday market whilst the Luberon Natural Park is nearby. Parking is free, 2€ electric, €3.5 water.
2) Opened in July, a new aire in Valence, Drome (26) has 13 spaces on hard standing separated by grass areas. The aire is located 1 km from the city centre, 5 mins from the A7 junction, next to the Aquatic Centre and the site is under video surveillance with a Wi-Fi terminal (free access). A pleasant site but suffering from road noise from the autoroute. 13€/ night, water & wifi included.
3) The picturesque & popular aire at Lac du Der in Giffaumont-Champaubert, Marne (included in our ‘Best Aires Guide’) has recently been modernised by the commune. After the renovation was completed in July the aire has been taken over by CampingCarPark, but unfortunately the rate of €6 plus €2.5 (services) has now increased to €14 in high season plus tourist tax.
4) AireParkReservation have opened a small aire in Verton in Pas de Calais (62), the aire is on the north side of the town, 63kms from Calais & close to Berck. The aire has spaces on tarmac with an Airservices service point, platform drain & ehu’s, also useful is an adjacent car wash facility designed to allow high access when cleaning tall vehicles such as motorhomes.
5) After being closed for a year, the aire in Blain, Loire-Atlantique (44) has reopened under the management of CampingCarPark. The aire is nicely located next to the Nantes-Brest canal with spaces on hard standing, a service point, wifi & CCTV surveillance, but whereas the aire was previously free, CCP now charge €12/ night plus tourist tax.