All the latest news on aires in France
If you have any information on new aires or changes to existing aires send us an email or use the contact form
1) The popular aire in Amboise, Indre et Loire (37) has been taken over by the CampingCarPark company. The aire is situated on the north side of an island in the Loire river opposite the Chateau & next to the municipal campsite L’Ile d’Or, about 1km from the town centre (across the river). Parking is on grass, shaded by trees, accessed by a tarmac track with entry to the aire controlled by an automatic barrier (CCP card required). Artisanal service point with drainage platform. The pitches have been enlarged but reduced from 35 to 24, each with 6A ehu’s & wifi. 13€/ night, services included. Campsite & municipal swimming pool next to aire.
2) The Municipal aire in La Ferte St Aubin, Loiret (45) has had its service point removed although overnight parking is still allowed here free of charge. This parking is located in Ave Lowendal, off D2020, in a medium sized gravel car park on the northern edge of this small town, close to the municipal campsite, a park and about 400m from the town centre.
3) The Municipal aire in Ave Charles DeGaulle, Beaune in Burgundy is no longer free. The aire which is in a large tarmac car park behind the Police Station, with parking in marked spaces is now 6€/ 24 Hrs. The aire is well lit at night but there is no shade here, whilst the parking is quite convenient for the famous Hospices, town centre and shops. Services are 4€.
4) The aire in Kaysersberg in Haut-Rhin (68) has decided to encourage tourists, especially motorhomers to visit the village by making the parking fee free (normally 10€), this offer lasts until 30th September.
5) The popular town of Peronne in Somme (80) has never had an aire despite being a popular spot for visitors exploring the WWI battle sites as well as the famous ‘Grande Guerre’ museum in town. There is however now a municipal aire in Bvd. Fort Carabit, in a medium sized tarmac parking area with 6 level shaded spaces, near to the camping. There is a pleasant wooded and grassy park adjacent, with a lake close to the museum that is housed in the old château. There are numerous shops and eating-places within walking distance, as well as a good café in the museum. Artisanal service point & drain. Free parking, water 2€.
6) In order to encourage motorhomers to visit the historic city of Orleans, the city has opened an aire with free parking, water & electric which is available until the end of August. The aire is located next to a sports ground on the north side of Orleans in Rue Fernand, Fleury les Aubrais with a dozen level spaces on tarmac. The site is patrolled by police, protected by CCTV & buses run regularly to the city centre.
1) A new private aire with 12 spaces, wifi & ehu’s has just opened in the historic village of Montmeyan in the Var (83) in Provence close to the Gorges of Verdon. The aire is managed by AireParkReservation in a medium sized tarmac/ gravel car park on the eastern outskirts of village, next to D13 with 12 spaces bordered by grass areas, lighting & some shade. The location is 500m from village centre & shops & there is an AireServices service point with a platform drain, ehu’s & wifi. Access is via automatic barrier with credit card. A good well-equipped aire, in a semi-rural area next to farmland with 12 spaces (but only 8 x16A ehu’s) & easy to access. 500m from the medieval village centre where there is a small range of shops, lake with beach, museum & a ruined chateau/ ramparts. 6 km from the Gorges du Verdon & 14 km south-west of lake of Sainte-Croix. 9€/ night, services included. GPS: N43.64433 E06.06394
2) The aire in Bozouls in Aveyron (12) has been moved to a new larger location in Chemin de la Combe. The aire is now in a large gravel car park on the southern edge of the village, next to open farmland, with 35 spaces, some having shade from trees also close to village centre. Euro-Relais service point with drainage platform & wifi.
A good aire, practical, clean & quiet with level spaces having adjacent grass areas, a petanque pitch & picnic tables nearby. Aire is 400m walk along footpath to village centre. A nice village with reasonable selection of shops, an InterMarché & a market on Thursday mornings, a footpath also leads to the Bozouls Canyon – a natural cirque, (400m wide & 100m deep) around which the village is encircled. Parking is free & services 2€ (cash). GPS: N 44.4673 E 02.72585
3) CampingCarPark have just opened a new ‘CampingVillage’ in Murat, Cantal (15). This aire/ camping is located in the former Municipal campsite on the south side of Murat about 600m to the centre of town. There is good shade on many of the 120 spaces here & public toilets/ showers are on site (open 1/05 - 30/09). There is an Artisanal service point with platform drain, 120 ehu’s & wifi as well as a play area, laundrette & recycling bins nearby. 10 – 15€/ 24 Hrs, services included. Access via automatic barrier, CCP card required. GPS: N45.10266 E02.86528. Only open to motorhomes at present due to Covid19.
4) The Municipal aire in Thaon-les-Vosges in the Vosges (88) which used to close from October till March is now open 365 days/ year. A pleasant aire in Rue du Coignet where parking is alongside the canal with spaces on grass next to a tarmac access road, WC’s adjacent & a small park/ play area nearby. Free parking whilst water is 3€.
1) A new private aire run by AireParkReservaion has opened near the village of Lamarque in Gironde (33), Aquitaine - located on the edge of the Gironde estuary, 1.5 km east of Lamarque & 35 kms from Bordeaux. There are 16 level spaces, lit at night & shaded in places on gravel. Access is via an automatic barrier operated by credit card. AireServices service point with drainage platform outside the aire & wifi/ 16A hook ups on each space. A pleasant private aire in a quiet, rural location with nice views. A few facilities in nearby village including a restaurant & a boulangerie, whilst the adjacent farm sells some produce. The UNESCO listed Fort Medoc is 2kms away whilst the Citadel of Blaye is on other side of the estuary (20 mins by ferry). 8€/ night incl. electric with water at 2€, payable by credit card.
2) A new aire opened last year located just north-east of Le Mans, about 300ms south of the town centre of La Ferte-Bernard in Sarthe (72), in a medium size tarmac/ gravel car park bordered by grass & trees next to a large lake & river. The aire is a short walk from the good variety of shops/ services in the town & there are 20 level spaces with shade in places but little lighting. Euro-Relais borne with large drainage grid. Very quiet spot & quite close to services with a Lidl & McD nearby. Walks around pleasant lake & a château in town. Handy stopover from Jcn 5 of A11. Parking & services are free.
3) A new private aire with 12 spaces, wifi & ehu’s has just opened in the historic village of Montmeyan in the Var (83) in Provence close to the Gorges of Verdon. Full details next month.
1) The aire in Quai Jacques Prevert, Meaux in Seine et Marne (77) actually opened in 2018 (but I missed it!). It is in a nice location in a large tarmac car park next to & overlooking the Marne River & next to a large park area on the south side of this large town. 5 spaces are marked for motorhomes, bordered by grass areas, lit at night but little shade. A good selection of shops & eating places in town. The service point is an UrbaFlux with a large platform drain. A well equipped aire, quietly situated next to the park area with lakes & play equipment. Short walk into the old town with ramparts. 7€ price includes 24 hr parking, 7 hours of electric & water, pay by credit card.
2) CampingCarPark are at it again, having recently opened (but closed at present) a new aire in the large village of Formerie in Oise (60). This small aire is in Rue du Bois on the northern edge of the village, 400m from the centre & its shops/ eating places, having just 6 spaces with 6A ehu’s & wifi for 10€/ night. The aire is adjacent to farmland having a Euro-Relais service point with platform drain, entry via automatic barrier (CCP card required). Nearby is the village of Gerberoy, one of the ‘Most Beautiful Villages in France’. Sorry, no pictures of the aire at present.
3) The small village of Gironcourt sur Vraine in Vosges (88) has just opened a new aire next to a small lake on the east side of the village (off D266) in a semi-rural location. The aire has just 5 spaces on tarmac with toilets, electric & water but the drainage facilities are not yet available, some shade is available under trees. Parking & services are free with picnic tables, grass areas & walks next to the aire. The village has just a boulangerie & a Proxi superette.