All the latest news on aires in France
If you have any information on new aires or changes to existing aires send us an email or use the contact form
1) A new private aire run by AireParkReservaion has opened near the village of Lamarque in Gironde (33), Aquitaine - located on the edge of the Gironde estuary, 1.5 km east of Lamarque & 35 kms from Bordeaux. There are 16 level spaces, lit at night & shaded in places on gravel. Access is via an automatic barrier operated by credit card. AireServices service point with drainage platform outside the aire & wifi/ 16A hook ups on each space. A pleasant private aire in a quiet, rural location with nice views. A few facilities in nearby village including a restaurant & a boulangerie, whilst the adjacent farm sells some produce. The UNESCO listed Fort Medoc is 2kms away whilst the Citadel of Blaye is on other side of the estuary (20 mins by ferry). 8€/ night incl. electric with water at 2€, payable by credit card.
2) A new aire opened last year located just north-east of Le Mans, about 300ms south of the town centre of La Ferte-Bernard in Sarthe (72), in a medium size tarmac/ gravel car park bordered by grass & trees next to a large lake & river. The aire is a short walk from the good variety of shops/ services in the town & there are 20 level spaces with shade in places but little lighting. Euro-Relais borne with large drainage grid. Very quiet spot & quite close to services with a Lidl & McD nearby. Walks around pleasant lake & a château in town. Handy stopover from Jcn 5 of A11. Parking & services are free.
3) A new private aire with 12 spaces, wifi & ehu’s has just opened in the historic village of Montmeyan in the Var (83) in Provence close to the Gorges of Verdon. Full details next month.
1) The aire in Quai Jacques Prevert, Meaux in Seine et Marne (77) actually opened in 2018 (but I missed it!). It is in a nice location in a large tarmac car park next to & overlooking the Marne River & next to a large park area on the south side of this large town. 5 spaces are marked for motorhomes, bordered by grass areas, lit at night but little shade. A good selection of shops & eating places in town. The service point is an UrbaFlux with a large platform drain. A well equipped aire, quietly situated next to the park area with lakes & play equipment. Short walk into the old town with ramparts. 7€ price includes 24 hr parking, 7 hours of electric & water, pay by credit card.
2) CampingCarPark are at it again, having recently opened (but closed at present) a new aire in the large village of Formerie in Oise (60). This small aire is in Rue du Bois on the northern edge of the village, 400m from the centre & its shops/ eating places, having just 6 spaces with 6A ehu’s & wifi for 10€/ night. The aire is adjacent to farmland having a Euro-Relais service point with platform drain, entry via automatic barrier (CCP card required). Nearby is the village of Gerberoy, one of the ‘Most Beautiful Villages in France’. Sorry, no pictures of the aire at present.
3) The small village of Gironcourt sur Vraine in Vosges (88) has just opened a new aire next to a small lake on the east side of the village (off D266) in a semi-rural location. The aire has just 5 spaces on tarmac with toilets, electric & water but the drainage facilities are not yet available, some shade is available under trees. Parking & services are free with picnic tables, grass areas & walks next to the aire. The village has just a boulangerie & a Proxi superette.