All the latest news on aires in France
Aires News (May till December 2020)
If you have any information on new aires or changes to existing aires send us an email or use the contact form
1) Any dog lovers may be interested to hear of a new aire in Brittany that has a dog washing machine next to the service point. The private aire next to the Leclerc supermarket in Riantec, Morbihan (56) has installed a machine that for €7.50 showers, shampoos, rinses & dries your dog. The aire itself has 10 free spaces on tarmac with an AireServices service point & platform drain.
2) The Municipal aire in St Andre-de-l’Eure in Eure (27) has just started work to expand its aire from 6 spaces to 9 & refurbish the service point. The downside is that this free aire will now be payable once the work is finished & an automatic barrier is also installed.
3) The small village of Thoard in the Alpes-de-Haute-Provence (04) has opened a new aire in October. The aire is 200m from the village centre where there is a superette, boulangerie, butcher & 2 restaurants as well as a small campsite. The aire is all free but there is no electricity available. GPS: N44.15884 E 06.14712
4) The excellent private aire owned by a fellow motorhomer at Aix-en-Othe in Aube (10) has increased its capacity to 40 pitches. Most are on grass with shade in places & electric available. Parking & services is 7€/ night with electric at 2.5€.
5) The private aires on farms in Sideville, Manche (50) & at Les Hogues in Eure (27) both appear to have stopped offering facilities for motorhomes.
6) The former Municipal aire in Revel, Haute-Garonne (31) has now been taken over by CampingCarPark. The pleasant 28 space aire near Lac de St Ferréol, located between Toulouse & Carcassonne, now also offers wifi along with the existing ehu’s but the price has increased from 10€ to 13€/ night, services included.
7) AireParkReservation have opened a new aire next to the Auchan supermarket in St Pardoux in the Dordogne (24). Parking is free whilst services (1.5€) include water/ electric (3 hrs) & drainage with a 24 hour laundrette & bread machine adjacent.
1) A nice municipal aire has opened in Songeons, Oise (60) in Picardy. Located behind the sports complex on the southern edge of the small town in a residential area with 6 individual parking spaces on tarmac bordered by grass verges with mature trees offering shade, lit at night & an AireServices borne with large drainage platform. Good shade, level & quiet with adjacent grass areas. Free parking & services are 2€ by jetons from shops & OT. Footpath leads to Gerberoy (20 mins), one of the ‘Most Beautiful Villages in France’.
2) AireParkReservation have opened a new 36 space aire in the medieval ‘Town of Art & History’ of Beziers in Herault (34), located 1.5km south of the town centre near to the sports stadium in a large tarmac parking area with hedges / trees providing good shade in places, securely fenced & lit at night. A quiet location on an island between the Canal du Midi & the Orb river with nice walks/ cycling, shops/ eating places nearby & 2kms from the famous Fonseranes locks. AireServices service point with a platform drain, ehu’s on each pitch & wifi. Parking is 7-12€/ night, 4€ for 24 hr electric.
3) A new aire has been opened by CampingCarPark in the town of St Trivier de Courtes in Ain (01). The aire is close to the town shops & has 9 individual shaded spaces on tarmac each with 6A ehu, wifi & an artisanal service point with platform drain. Parking is 12€/ nights, services included, CCP card required.
4) CampingCarPark have also recently opened an aire in Argentière-la-Bessée in the Hautes-Alpes (05) close to the ski resort of St Vincent. The aire has 22 spaces on tarmac with ehu’s, wifi & lighting but little shade, located next to the river yet only 400m from the village shops. Access via automatic barrier, CCP card required. 11-13€/ night with services included. GPS: N44.79044 E6.56079
5) In a reversal to their normal policy, the large aire run by CampingCarPark in Le Bacares, Pyrenees Orientales (66) has been returned to the town who now manage it again. The 108 space aire still costs 12€/ night with services included.
6) A new aire opened in July in Villefranche de Rouergue, Aveyron (12), in part of the municipal campsite where there are ample shaded spaces on grass accessed by tarmac tracks. The pitches are separated by tall hedges, each with a water tap, ehu & wifi in certain areas. The service point is Flot Bleu with a large platform drain, access is via an automatic barrier. Close to the Aveyron river & about 15 mins level walk from the town centre - a medieval bastide with cobbled streets & old houses. Parking is 9.5€/ night services included.
1) AireParkReservation have taken over the aire in Rue Guy Moquet,Chateaubriant, Loire Atlantique (44). The aire has been modernised - a tarmac surface parking area with 20 spaces separated by up-stands, no shade but lit at night, next to large leisure lakes & 1km north of the town centre & the shops. An AireServices service point with a large platform drain & ehu’s on each space. Access is via automatic barrier, reservation possible online. Nicely located close to 3 large leisure lakes & park areas but some road noise from adjacent D41, quiet at night. Walks around lakes, aquatic centre nearby. Medieval town with good range of shops, 2 long cycle paths, markets on Wed & Sat. Parking is 10€/ night, services included. GPS: N47.73122 W01.37975
2) A new aire has been created in Dienville in Aube (10) in Champagne-Ardenne. The aire is located next to the lake port on the west side of Dienville, with parking on tarmac overlooking the Lac d’Amance, having a little shade & lit at night. The aire is only 300m from the centre of town where there is a small selection of shops & a restaurant. Euro-Relais service point with platform drain (credit card payment). A pleasantly located lakeside aire with 11 large, level spaces on tarmac bordered by grass areas, next to the yacht marina & close to the lake beach with swimming allowed. The beach area has picnic tables, child's play area, bike rental, water sports & a bar/ cafe. Cycling / walks around lake. Free parking, services 2€. GPS: N48.34695 E04.52762
3) The municipal aire in the village of Chichilianne, Isere (38) has now increased its parking fee to a 10€ annual fee which allows you to stay there as many times as you like in a year, the fee also includes one free 3€ jeton for water or electric.
4) The popular aire in St Amand Montrond in Cher (18) has decided to start charging for water which had previously been free, the charge is 2€ but parking remains free.
5) The pleasant 28 space aire in Revel, Haute-Garonne (31) has been taken over by the CampingCarPark company who have now added wifi to the services which include ehu’s & water but the nightly rate has increased to 13€ all inclusive.
6) The municipal aire in Castelsarrasin, Tarn-et-Garonne (82) has moved to Chemin des 2 Ponts on the east side of town in a new purpose-built aire with 24 spaces on tarmac each with ehu, no shade but lit at night. Access is via an automatic barrier, 4€ for 24 hrs, water & electric 2.5€. GPS: N44.02721 E01.11084
7) The popular aire in the château village of Duilhac sous Peyrepertuse in Aude (11) has had the water tap removed as well as the sinks in the toilets leaving just the grey platform drain but no fresh water supply. Not a good move in the midst of a drought!
8) The municipal aire at La Grande Motte in Herault (34) has been taken over by the adjacent campsite & whilst it is still run as an aire, the prices have increased to an eyewatering 34€/ night all inclusive in high season.
1) AireParkReservation have just opened a new aire in Rue de la Noe Derval, Broons in Cotes d’Armor (22), Brittany, 25 kms from Dinan. The aire is outside Camping de la Planchette & has 7 spaces (2 extra large) with electric, an AireServices point with drainage platform whilst access to the campsite toilets/ showers block is available for 2€. Access is via an automatic barrier, the fee is €6.40 including services. The town centre shops/ eating places are 800m away & there is a swimming pool adjacent. GPS: N48.31293 W02.25218
2) The village of Tiffauges in Vendee (85), Pays de la Loire has recently installed a service point & drainage platform for motorhomes in the village. The service point is in the car park on Rue du Val de Sevre.
3) The municipal campsite in Questembert, Morbihan (56) in Brittany has been converted into a 27 space aire managed by AireParkReservation. The aire is sited on the west side of town, 400m from the shops/ town centre. The parking is on grass opposite a large lake, there is good shade here & a quiet location with an AireServices borne, drainage platform & ehu’s, access via automatic barrier with CCTV. 8€/ night, services included (see Aire of the Month for September).
4) CampingCarPark have recently opened a new aire in Montech, Tarn et Garonne (82), 15 kms south of Montauban, the aire is next to the Municipal campsite located on Chemin de la Pierre. The aire is pleasantly situated alongside a canal on the east side of this small town with18 spaces each with ehu, wifi & shade in places – parking is 13€/ night, services included. GPS: N43.96582 E01.23981.
5) The popular motorhome parking below the Citadelle in Verdun, Meuse (55) is closed at present due to construction works but once completed, spaces will be provided again for motorhomes. An alternative private parking for motorhomes is available in Ave Fort de Vaux outside the local sweet producer ‘Dragees Braquier’.
6) The municipal aire at Millery in Meurthe-et-Moselle (54) has been refurbished, now with 7 individual shaded spaces overlooking the river & a Sani-Station service point. Parking is still free with water & electric at 2€.
7) The pleasant riverside aire in Change, Mayenne (53) has been moved to Rue de la Brique & is now a basic aire on eastern edge of town in a large car park with little shade or lighting but quiet & spacious. There are shops (supermarket, Poste, boulangerie, butcher, pharmacy, etc) - 15 mins walk away. Euro-Relais borne with drainage channel, free parking & water.
1) The popular aire in Amboise, Indre et Loire (37) has been taken over by the CampingCarPark company. The aire is situated on the north side of an island in the Loire river opposite the Chateau & next to the municipal campsite L’Ile d’Or, about 1km from the town centre (across the river). Parking is on grass, shaded by trees, accessed by a tarmac track with entry to the aire controlled by an automatic barrier (CCP card required). Artisanal service point with drainage platform. The pitches have been enlarged but reduced from 35 to 24, each with 6A ehu’s & wifi. 13€/ night, services included. Campsite & municipal swimming pool next to aire.
2) The Municipal aire in La Ferte St Aubin, Loiret (45) has had its service point removed although overnight parking is still allowed here free of charge. This parking is located in Ave Lowendal, off D2020, in a medium sized gravel car park on the northern edge of this small town, close to the municipal campsite, a park and about 400m from the town centre.
3) The Municipal aire in Ave Charles DeGaulle, Beaune in Burgundy is no longer free. The aire which is in a large tarmac car park behind the Police Station, with parking in marked spaces is now 6€/ 24 Hrs. The aire is well lit at night but there is no shade here, whilst the parking is quite convenient for the famous Hospices, town centre and shops. Services are 4€.
4) The aire in Kaysersberg in Haut-Rhin (68) has decided to encourage tourists, especially motorhomers to visit the village by making the parking fee free (normally 10€), this offer lasts until 30th September.
5) The popular town of Peronne in Somme (80) has never had an aire despite being a popular spot for visitors exploring the WWI battle sites as well as the famous ‘Grande Guerre’ museum in town. There is however now a municipal aire in Bvd. Fort Carabit, in a medium sized tarmac parking area with 6 level shaded spaces, near to the camping. There is a pleasant wooded and grassy park adjacent, with a lake close to the museum that is housed in the old château. There are numerous shops and eating-places within walking distance, as well as a good café in the museum. Artisanal service point & drain. Free parking, water 2€.
6) In order to encourage motorhomers to visit the historic city of Orleans, the city has opened an aire with free parking, water & electric which is available until the end of August. The aire is located next to a sports ground on the north side of Orleans in Rue Fernand, Fleury les Aubrais with a dozen level spaces on tarmac. The site is patrolled by police, protected by CCTV & buses run regularly to the city centre.
1) A new private aire with 12 spaces, wifi & ehu’s has just opened in the historic village of Montmeyan in the Var (83) in Provence close to the Gorges of Verdon. The aire is managed by AireParkReservation in a medium sized tarmac/ gravel car park on the eastern outskirts of village, next to D13 with 12 spaces bordered by grass areas, lighting & some shade. The location is 500m from village centre & shops & there is an AireServices service point with a platform drain, ehu’s & wifi. Access is via automatic barrier with credit card. A good well-equipped aire, in a semi-rural area next to farmland with 12 spaces (but only 8 x16A ehu’s) & easy to access. 500m from the medieval village centre where there is a small range of shops, lake with beach, museum & a ruined chateau/ ramparts. 6 km from the Gorges du Verdon & 14 km south-west of lake of Sainte-Croix. 9€/ night, services included. GPS: N43.64433 E06.06394
2) The aire in Bozouls in Aveyron (12) has been moved to a new larger location in Chemin de la Combe. The aire is now in a large gravel car park on the southern edge of the village, next to open farmland, with 35 spaces, some having shade from trees also close to village centre. Euro-Relais service point with drainage platform & wifi.
A good aire, practical, clean & quiet with level spaces having adjacent grass areas, a petanque pitch & picnic tables nearby. Aire is 400m walk along footpath to village centre. A nice village with reasonable selection of shops, an InterMarché & a market on Thursday mornings, a footpath also leads to the Bozouls Canyon – a natural cirque, (400m wide & 100m deep) around which the village is encircled. Parking is free & services 2€ (cash). GPS: N 44.4673 E 02.72585
3) CampingCarPark have just opened a new ‘CampingVillage’ in Murat, Cantal (15). This aire/ camping is located in the former Municipal campsite on the south side of Murat about 600m to the centre of town. There is good shade on many of the 120 spaces here & public toilets/ showers are on site (open 1/05 - 30/09). There is an Artisanal service point with platform drain, 120 ehu’s & wifi as well as a play area, laundrette & recycling bins nearby. 10 – 15€/ 24 Hrs, services included. Access via automatic barrier, CCP card required. GPS: N45.10266 E02.86528. Only open to motorhomes at present due to Covid19.
4) The Municipal aire in Thaon-les-Vosges in the Vosges (88) which used to close from October till March is now open 365 days/ year. A pleasant aire in Rue du Coignet where parking is alongside the canal with spaces on grass next to a tarmac access road, WC’s adjacent & a small park/ play area nearby. Free parking whilst water is 3€.
1) A new private aire run by AireParkReservaion has opened near the village of Lamarque in Gironde (33), Aquitaine - located on the edge of the Gironde estuary, 1.5 km east of Lamarque & 35 kms from Bordeaux. There are 16 level spaces, lit at night & shaded in places on gravel. Access is via an automatic barrier operated by credit card. AireServices service point with drainage platform outside the aire & wifi/ 16A hook ups on each space. A pleasant private aire in a quiet, rural location with nice views. A few facilities in nearby village including a restaurant & a boulangerie, whilst the adjacent farm sells some produce. The UNESCO listed Fort Medoc is 2kms away whilst the Citadel of Blaye is on other side of the estuary (20 mins by ferry). 8€/ night incl. electric with water at 2€, payable by credit card.
2) A new aire opened last year located just north-east of Le Mans, about 300ms south of the town centre of La Ferte-Bernard in Sarthe (72), in a medium size tarmac/ gravel car park bordered by grass & trees next to a large lake & river. The aire is a short walk from the good variety of shops/ services in the town & there are 20 level spaces with shade in places but little lighting. Euro-Relais borne with large drainage grid. Very quiet spot & quite close to services with a Lidl & McD nearby. Walks around pleasant lake & a château in town. Handy stopover from Jcn 5 of A11. Parking & services are free.
3) A new private aire with 12 spaces, wifi & ehu’s has just opened in the historic village of Montmeyan in the Var (83) in Provence close to the Gorges of Verdon. Full details next month.
1) The aire in Quai Jacques Prevert, Meaux in Seine et Marne (77) actually opened in 2018 (but I missed it!). It is in a nice location in a large tarmac car park next to & overlooking the Marne River & next to a large park area on the south side of this large town. 5 spaces are marked for motorhomes, bordered by grass areas, lit at night but little shade. A good selection of shops & eating places in town. The service point is an UrbaFlux with a large platform drain. A well equipped aire, quietly situated next to the park area with lakes & play equipment. Short walk into the old town with ramparts. 7€ price includes 24 hr parking, 7 hours of electric & water, pay by credit card.
2) CampingCarPark are at it again, having recently opened (but closed at present) a new aire in the large village of Formerie in Oise (60). This small aire is in Rue du Bois on the northern edge of the village, 400m from the centre & its shops/ eating places, having just 6 spaces with 6A ehu’s & wifi for 10€/ night. The aire is adjacent to farmland having a Euro-Relais service point with platform drain, entry via automatic barrier (CCP card required). Nearby is the village of Gerberoy, one of the ‘Most Beautiful Villages in France’. Sorry, no pictures of the aire at present.
3) The small village of Gironcourt sur Vraine in Vosges (88) has just opened a new aire next to a small lake on the east side of the village (off D266) in a semi-rural location. The aire has just 5 spaces on tarmac with toilets, electric & water but the drainage facilities are not yet available, some shade is available under trees. Parking & services are free with picnic tables, grass areas & walks next to the aire. The village has just a boulangerie & a Proxi superette.